Microphone and Speaker
The Loudspeaker and Microphone dialog contains the basic microphone and speaker settings of the MOBOTIX camera.
- Click on the More button at the bottom of the dialog to display all options.
- This feature is not available for Web and Basic models.
- Signal Source
- Disabled: Disables the audio input.
- Microphone: The camera uses the microphone as audio input.
- Line In: The camera uses the Line In pin of the D-Sub HD15 connector as audio input (only M12, D12, and V12 models).
Select one of the following options:
- Low sensitivity: Setting for short distances.
- Medium sensitivity: Setting for medium distances.
- High sensitivity: Setting for longer distances. If you select this setting, background noise may occur.
Click on the Test button to check your setting. In order to perform this check, the speaker must be activated.
- Activate the speaker.
Activate or deactivate the speaker and set the amplification.
Value range: -30 .. 0 .. 30
In order to check your settings, select one of the audio files and click on the Test button.
Announce Network Data
If this parameter is enabled, the camera will announce its network configuration (IP address, network mask, MAC address; see Ethernet Interface) over the speaker every time the camera starts up. If the announcement is enabled, the announcement can be started by e.g. pressing the R button of the camera (to start DHCP or during runtime) or by clicking on a softbutton of the user interface.
Deactivating the Microphone
Deactivating a camera's microphone may become necessary in order to protect the privacy or for other reasons. You can now permanently and irreversibly deactivate the microphone in the Loudspeaker and Microphone dialog.
- Click on the More button.
- Click on the disable link that appears in the first paragraph of the explanation.
- Follow the instructions in the Permanently Disable the Camera Microphone section.
||This deactivation is permanent and removes all functions that involve the microphone and cannot be reversed even by MOBOTIX engineers.
Storing the Configuration
Click on the Set button to activate your settings and to save them until the next reboot of the camera.
Click on the Close button to close the dialog. While closing the dialog, the system checks the entire configuration for changes. If changes are detected, you will be asked if you would like to store the entire configuration permanently.
© 2001-2023 MOBOTIX AG, Germany · http://www.mobotix.com/